Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Linking Abaqus and Fortran compiler

Abraham_S_1
Beginner

Dear all

I am trying to link Abaqus 6.14-2 and Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2015 Update 6 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2013. I followed up an instruction then I got this message in command window (attached to this message). Does it mean I could link them successfully? 
If so, why do I still get this error (
"Problem during compilation") when I add a subroutine file to my model? What could possibly cause the problem?
Any idea or similar experience would be appreciated. 

Thanks,
Abraham

0 Kudos
5 Replies
K__Li
Beginner

Do you have a log file? From the image, it looks like you installed everything properly. But your Fortran compiler may be too new. Abaqus 6.14 requires Intel Fortran Composer XE 2011 SP1 Update 4; a new version may not work. There is a video about this. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImWUFZAKlr4

0 Kudos
Abraham_S_1
Beginner

Thank you for your response. The problem is solved. What caused this error was that my subroutine file was written for Abaqus/explicit but I was using Abaqus/standard. So I can say these version I am using are compatible. 

Regards,

Abraham 

0 Kudos
K__Li
Beginner

Thank you for reporting back! Because the newer version of Fortran compiler has been reported unstable sometimes. That is good to know it worked for you. 

0 Kudos
Abraham_S_1
Beginner

Of course. Thank you for your help. This version of Fortran compiler seems to work for me well.

Bests,

Abraham 

0 Kudos
wassenberg__nick
Beginner

Hi Abraham,

I am also trying to link Abaqus with Fortran. Could you please send me the instructions that you followed?

Did you use an update for the visual studio code? Or just the normal 2013 one?

Your help would be much appreciated

Kind regards,

Nick

0 Kudos