Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Info that Steve Lionel requested

WSinc
New Contributor I

I have to attach a screen shot because it would not let me copy text.

I think I was at quote #9, but for some reason the quotes were not numbered.

Is that a defect in the software ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WSinc
New Contributor I

I hope the above is what you wanted. I did not see anything to the right of "executable" though.

Is this telling us the available choices? Or the ones i have already installed ?

as far as I can determine, i can do both C++ and Fortran code in the VS 2015 I now have installed, as far as compiling them.

But as I said previously, it wont make an usable EXE file, it wont properly link it if I am using Fortran.

This screen shot shows the C++ code I had in there, that runs fine as far as I can tell.

I just have to avoid using any Fortran in this VS 2015. or it fails.

Older versions of VS ( 2010, 2013) work OK with Fortran - thats why I did not uninstall them.

I need something to work with, re developing source code, as you can imagine.

Your help is greatly appreciated !

BTW, I think you meant that in the ABSENSE of any VS, if I install Parallel Studio, it will give me a VS SHELL to work with.

If there is already a VS present, it will try to integrate to that. Is that right ?

In other words,  a VS is needed to do source code editing and debugging, building an EXE, etc.

as far as I can tell, it needs SOME KIND of VS, no matter what.

Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

What I asked for:

Bill, in VS go to Tools > Options > Intel Compilers and Tools > Visual Fortran > Compilers. Click on the ... to the right of "Executables". Copy the content of the window displayed and paste it into a reply here.

What I got: A screenshot showing some C++ settings. Are you sure you are up to the task of developing software?

Screenshot_13.jpg

And yes, the posts are numbered. Given your other posts about not seeing on-screen elements, I wonder if you are cutting off parts of the page.

Screenshot_11.jpg

In another post I also asked you to do Help > About > Copy Info and paste the result into a reply here. Here's hoping you don't start yet another thread for this.