Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Linking CVF 6.6 & FFTW

sleonardcrsc
Beginner
Hi,
Can anyone offer some suggestions as to how to get CVF to link correctly to FFTW? My C/C++ experience is limited, so I have confined myself to the FFTW documentation suggestions.
From CVF, I keep getting unresolved external errors, i.e.

Main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _fftw_f77_create_plan
Main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _fftw_f77_one
Main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _fftw_f77_destroy_plan

suggesting that the f77 wrappers have not been exported correctly?

I am using VS.NET to compile FFTW as a static library, and it is doing so without any reported errors or warnings.

Any help appreciated!
Steve.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I don't know anything about FFTW, but I'd guess that the naming conventions in the library you compiled don't match what you have set for your CVF project (which is apparently C, by reference and lowercase names, or maybe you declared the routines with ATTRIBUTES C in th code.)

You can find out what symbols are in the library by opening a Fortran Command Prompt window and typing:

dumpbin -symbols fftw.lib > fftw.txt

where "fftw.lib" is the name of your library (adjust as needed). Then look in fftw.txt to see the exported symbols. Are they in uppercase? You'll need to adjust - or perhaps there's an option when compiling FFTW to select lowercase.

Steve
0 Kudos