Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Linking error

Greg_R_
Beginner

We have a server that compiles some code just fine. I am trying a help someone out in compiling the same code on a 2nd server that we just brought up. I am his system administrator and I am trying to install the necessary packages to compile and link this software. We are using the same Intel compiler on both systems xe_2017-update 1. Here is the error we get when trying to link:

ld: /users/ramos/neptune-sandy-test/src/objdir/mod_precon.o: undefined reference to symbol 'dhseqr_'
/lib64/liblapack.so.3: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
make[1]: *** [fcst_model] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/users/ramos/neptune-sandy-test/src/drivers/fcst_model'
make: *** [fcst_model] Error 2
[ramos@sandy1 neptune-sandy-test]$

I am not a programmer, just trying to osrt this out. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mecej4
Black Belt

Please show the command line used for linking (or provide the makefile). I suspect that what happened is that -llapack was listed in the command before the object files being linked were named.