Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Linking object file built with CVF

Moreside__Will
Beginner

Hi,

A compiled .obj file has been provided to us by a third party, and the source code is unavailable. I'm attempting to reference the module in a C++ program. I've added the object file to Properties > Linker > Input > Additional Dependencies. When I build the project, the error I get is:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'DFPORT.LIB'

DFPORT as I understand it is the name of a CVF library, so I assume that's what was used to compile the file. Inspecting it with dumpbin /DIRECTIVES shows the following dependencies:

Linker Directives
-----------------
-defaultlib:DFPORT.LIB
-defaultlib:DFPORT.LIB
-defaultlib:dfor.lib
-defaultlib:libc.lib
-defaultlib:dfconsol.lib
-defaultlib:dfport.lib
-defaultlib:kernel32.lib

Is there a way for me to link this file? I'm using Visual Studio 2019 and Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Windows (2019 Update 5).

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

No - sorry. You'll need several of the CVF libraries to link that. Intel can't provide you with those. And if you thought to tell the linker to ignore those libraries in the hope that Intel Fortran had the same entry points, that won't work either. While many of the entry points do have the same names, the interfaces to many of them are different.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Try asking the 3rd party to provide you an OBJ/LIB/DLL that is compatible with Intel Fortran, before you attempt other measures.

0 Kudos