Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28658 Discussions

MS VS Integration issue (Replace Next becomes Next Replace)

jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

I am not if this is an integration problem with oneAPI to MS VS (Community Edition)

In the edit window, Ctrl-H (Find and Replace) case insensitive, .NOT. whole word

Replace Next, becomes Next Replace (replace the next occurrence)

IOW the bold background highlighted text is not changed, but rather a search is made for the next occurrence and the change is made to that. This means that you cannot confirm the change.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
16 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor III

I don't see that. which versions?

Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022 (64-bit)  Version 17.0.5 , Intel® Fortran Compiler 2024.1

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022
Version 17.8.2
VisualStudio.17.Release/17.8.2+34322.80
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.8.09032

Installed Version: Community

Visual C++ 2022 00482-90000-00000-AA203
Microsoft Visual C++ 2022

Intel® Fortran Compiler 2024.1
Intel® Fortran Compiler 2024.1, Copyright © 2002-2024 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Another annoying issue is I am unable to turn off auto-complete. Example

<indent>do<space>i<space>

The above either a) autocompletes the i to some other word, or replaced the i with I (upcase)

<indent>if(.not.

Auto completes by changing .not. to .NOT.

I've tried to change/toggle the two options that appear to be related to auto-complete to no effect. Must be a third option.

Jim

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor III

OK your VS is a bit newer, maybe that is it?

I have seen the capitalisation change mentioned in another thread on here in recent week.

0 Kudos
LarsJ
Novice

Hi

I see something similar to Jim when using Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2022, 17.10.2 and Intel OneAPI 2024.01.

.Not. becomes .NOT.

Similar "G," becomes GAMMA (which is annoying if you have a variable named G).

I can turn off this auto-completion by tools->options->Text Editor->Fortran->General->Auto list members (off).

In what I think is related. I cannot use short cuts to snippets if they are part of a keyword. "sub" + tab becomes the keyword "submodule" or "subroutine". "doi" + tab still becomes "do i = 1, 100 ... end do".
If I turn off "auto list members" then I cannot use snippets at all.

Sorry if this turned up several times - I had difficulties posting a reply.

Best regards
Lars

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I use the two latest 2022 versions, real and preview.  They are both having trouble with find and replace, it is hit and miss. 

We will have to wait until they fix the bugs in the new code. 

0 Kudos
LarsJ
Novice

Hi 

I see the same behavior when using Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2022, 17.10.2 and Intel OneAPI 2024.01.

I can turn off auto completion by choosing Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> Fortran -> General -> Auto list members (off).

This also changes MySubroutine(G,) -> MySubroutine(GAMMA) i.e. it replaces G with GAMMA when pushing "comma" (this is the first entry in the keyword/auto completion list).

On, what I think is a related note, this also affects snippets. I cannot seem to use the short cuts to my snippets if they are identical to the start of a keyword. I have a shortcut "subr", however this is being replaced with the keyword subroutine and the built in shortcut "sub" will lead to either submodule or subroutine (not the snippet for creating a subroutine). Using "doi" will give me the built in shortcut to "do x= 1, 100 ... end do". If I turn off "Auto list members", then I cannot use snippets at all.

0 Kudos
LarsJ
Novice

Hi

I see something similar to Jim when using Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2022, 17.10.2 and Intel OneAPI 2024.01.

.Not. becomes .NOT.

Similar "G," becomes GAMMA (which is annoying if you have a variable named G).

I can turn off this auto-completion by tools->options->Text Editor->Fortran->General->Auto list members (off).

In what I think is related. I cannot use short cuts to snippets if they are part of a keyword. "sub" + tab becomes the keyword "submodule" or "subroutine". "doi" + tab still becomes "do i = 1, 100 ... end do".

Best regards
Lars

0 Kudos
LarsJ
Novice

Hi

.Not. becomes .NOT.

Similar "G," becomes GAMMA - which is a bit annoying if you have a variable named G .

I can turn off auto-completion by tools->options->Text Editor->Fortran->General->Auto list members (off).

Best regards
Lars

0 Kudos
LarsJ
Novice

Hi

.Not. becomes .NOT.

Similar "G," becomes GAMMA .

I can turn off auto-completion by tools->options->Text Editor->Fortran->General->Auto list members (off).

Best regards
Lars

0 Kudos
LarsJ
Novice

Hi

.Not. becomes .NOT.

Similar "G," becomes GAMMA (which makes it hard to use if you have a variable named G).

Best regards
Lars

0 Kudos
LarsJ
Novice

Hi

".Not." becomes ".NOT."

Similar "G," becomes "GAMMA" (which makes it hard to use if you have a variable named G).

Best regards
Lars

0 Kudos
LarsJ
Novice

Hi

I see something similar to the Jim when using Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2022, 17.10.2 and Intel Fortran Compiler 2024.01.

Similar "G," becomes "GAMMA".

In what I think is related. I cannot use short cuts to snippets if they are part of a keyword. "sub" + tab becomes the keyword "submodule" or "subroutine". 

"doi" + tab still becomes

do i = 1, 100 ...

Best regards

Lars

0 Kudos
LarsJ
Novice

Hi

I see something similar to Jim when using Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2022, 17.10.2 and Intel Fortran Compiler 2024.01.

In what I think is related. I cannot use short cuts to snippets if they are part of a keyword. "sub" + tab becomes the keyword "submodule" or "subroutine".

"doi" + tab still becomes "do i = 1, 100 ... end do".

Best regards

Lars

0 Kudos
LarsJ
Novice

Hi

I see something similar to Jim when using VS Professional 2022, 17.10.2 and Intel Fortran Compiler 2024.01.

"doi" + tab still becomes "do i = 1, 100 ... end do".

Best regards

Lars

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III
0 Kudos
LarsJ
Novice

Will try Macros - thanks for the links. 

Actually changed from Macros to snippets some years ago when Macros was no longer supported in VS shell - perhaps I can dig those up again :).

Lars

0 Kudos