Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28434 Discussions

Make Intel Fortran Compiler 11 to work with Visual Studio 2013

Talman__James
Beginner

When I attempt to install Fortran Compiler 11 it does not see Visual Studio 2013 and says the installation failed. Is it necessary to have an older version of Visual Studio installed first in order to install the Intel Fortran Compiler? Can the Fortran Compiler 11 work with Visual Studio 2013?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Yes, it is necessary. See https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-parallel-studio-xe-compilers-required-microsoft-visual-studio for the supported combinations. Microsoft changes the Visual Studio integration interface frequently, requiring rewrites.

0 Kudos
Talman__James
Beginner

Thanks for your answer. I installed VS2005 and, as you say, the Intel Fortran compiler installs correctly. I can open Fortran files in VS2005. Now, my problem is getting VS2013 to work.

Some Intel documentation suggests the following typing the following from the command line :

cd %VS120COMNTOOLS%

cd ..\..\Intel Fortran\VFPackages

integrate.bat "%VS120COMNTOOLS%" /u

integrate.bat "%VS120COMNTOOLS%"

The directory is indeed created, but the file integrate.bat isn't there! Any suggestions? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

That is for "repairing" integration of a supported version. It doesn't add support that wasn't there to begin with.

0 Kudos