Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Managed DLL

afolli
Beginner
Hi All.
Is the IVF compiler able to produce managed DLL? Or is it necessary to create a wrapper for calling fortran function from C#?

Product description talk about Intel COM Server Wizard, but I'm unable to find any document about it on the web. Please, can someone point me to the right direction?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ArturGuzik
Valued Contributor I
Quoting - afolli
Hi All.
Is the IVF compiler able to produce managed DLL? Or is it necessary to create a wrapper for calling fortran function from C#?
Hi,

the second option, only (wrapper around unmanaged dll, as IVF can't produce managed code). As far as I can tell Fujitsu/Lahey Fortran is/was(?) able to generate managed code.

COM Wizard - Sections Using the Intel Fortran Module Wizard Overview and Using Fortran COM Server in Help (Building Applications->Using Windows OS Features).

A.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Using an unmanaged DLL is easier than a COM Server, though the latter is useful if you have a lot of functions you want to make visible. COM Server is documented under Building Applications.
0 Kudos
afolli
Beginner

Thank you for the usefull answers.

Alessandro

0 Kudos