Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28457 Discussions

Managing plugin that requires a newer version of Fortran run-time libraries

jmiessner
Beginner
My application is actually a plugin (DLL only) to a third-party application (EXE). The third-party application ships Intel Fortran 9.1 run-time libraries in the same directory as the executable.

Problem is, my application (strictly C++) depends on third-party libraries that depend on Intel Fortran 10.1 run-time libraries.

Is there any obvious solution to this problem? While it is reasonable to expect forward compatibility, I can't expect backward compatibility.

I've considered developing a side-by-side assembly for the Intel 10.1 libraries and modifying the third-party libraries to incorporate a manifest but am uncertain if this would even work.

Thanks and regards...
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
You would likely need to replace the 9.1 run-time library with the 10.1 version. As you say, the libraries were intended to be backward compatible to the extent that this replacement should work with a combination of objects built by 9.1 and 10.1.
0 Kudos
jmiessner
Beginner
That's not a solution that is possible. My application is delivered to customers who have the third-party application installed. It is not likely that my installer will have write access to the third-party application folder in enterprise environments (likely target). Enterprise IT would not be likely to permit such access if I requested it.
0 Kudos