Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28454 Discussions

Memory problem using coarray=distributed

Fernando_S_
Beginner

Dear,

I have a parallel program in Fortran using coarrays and I have detected a different behavior in the memory when I run it in shared mode or distributed mode. When I use coarray=shared the used memory along the execution is constant but when I use coarray=distributed the memory starts to grow at each iteration and finally the program finish with an out of memory error. I have isolated the problem in my code and I have wrote a sample code (attached) that reproduce this behavior. I am using Intel Fortran Compiler for Cluster v18, but the effect is similar with versions 17 and 15.

Best regards,

Enrique Pascual

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Michael_S_17
New Contributor I

Not sure if it is related to your problem, but the OpenCoarrays runtime gives the following runtime error with your code:

libcaf_mpi RUNTIME ERROR: Cannot convert type 5 kind 4 to type 1 kind 2

Program received signal SIGABRT: Process abort signal.

0 Kudos
Fernando_S_
Beginner

I think it is not related. I have modified the sample code to use KIND=4 for all integers and I obtain the same behavior.

0 Kudos
FortranFan
Honored Contributor II

@Enrique Pascual,

Intel now wants you to request support at their Online Service Center (OSC) for issues with their software products, I suggest you submit an incident at the OSC:

https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US

0 Kudos
Fernando_S_
Beginner

@FortranFan,

I have already submitted an incident at the Intel OSC. I am still waiting for an answer.

0 Kudos