Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Missing Module Error when using Fortran DLL

Robert_B_4
Beginner

I am getting an unable to load DLL error which states that the specified module could not be found. Exception 0x8007007E.  The development environment is VS2015 on Window7.  The DLL (written in Fortran update 3) works when called from a C# desktop application under Visual Studio but when the C# application and DLL is distributed to test PC (Windows 7) the error appears.  I though it might need the Fortran redistribution package (w-fcompex-redist-mis...) but it did not help.  What am I missing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
IanH
Honored Contributor II

You can use the dependency walker utility on the test PC to get more insight into the particular dependencies that an executable or DLL requires.

You need to have the relevant C++ runtime installed as well as the Fortran runtime.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IanH
Honored Contributor II

You can use the dependency walker utility on the test PC to get more insight into the particular dependencies that an executable or DLL requires.

You need to have the relevant C++ runtime installed as well as the Fortran runtime.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Are the relative locations of the C# EXE and the DLL the same on the development and test machines? If not, you may have to rectify that situation or set the PATH environment variable to match the changes.

0 Kudos
Robert_B_4
Beginner

The Visual C++ redistributable files for VS2015 did the trick.  I had placed the DLL in the same folder as the EXE so there was not a PATH issue to contend with. 

Thanks for help.

0 Kudos