Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28455 Discussions

More about HELP library with Composer XE 2011 build 8

WSinc
New Contributor I
I was reviewing the notes re installtion, and in the Fortran release notes (paragraph 2.2.8) that
came with it, it mentions a special HELP LIBRARY process that gets invoked when "you
install it for the first itme."

I don't recall ever seeing that, when I DID install it for the first time, and also not again when I reinstalled it after deleting the files.

So that might give a clue as to why I never got the HELP notes. This problem might be triggered by
having a previous VS 2008 on my computer. If there is a special keyword I could look for, that would tell
me if anything got installed, or whether it was installed in the wrong place.

Supposedly your team is revewing the LOG files I uploaded, but I haven't heard anything back so far.

Like I said earlier, having the HELP library ON-line would solve a lot of these problem, and a user could always opt
to install it locally if they want to work off-line. We didn't have this problem with the VS 2010 HELP, as opposed to the Fortran help.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jsmt
Beginner
Is it worth trying select repair option in the installer rather than uninstall and then install again?
0 Kudos
WSinc
New Contributor I
I tried all the obvious stuff.
0 Kudos