Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Move Solution

scrognoid
Beginner
I moved a working Solution containing Fortran and C to a new computer. The entire directory structure including source files was moved intact. One of the Fortran Projects that builds a library is not compiling all of the source files, just some of them. The uncompiled files are found and opened in the editor when I double-click them in Solution Explorer, so it's not a missing file issue. I thought I was careful to use relative paths and $(Variables) to avoid absolute paths.

I am using VS2008 and IVF11. Once I tried to move a VS2005 Solution. There was a detailed procedure in Help as to how to do that. It didn't work, though, and I had to rebuild the Solution. I don't find a similar procedure in VS2008 Help. Is there a trick, some files that need to be deleted maybe, to make the move.

I need to be able to check my Solution into a version control repository and have others be able to check it out and use it.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
Quoting - scrognoid
One of the Fortran Projects that builds a library is not compiling all of the source files, just some of them.

I've seen that happenning on occasion, but with no obvious reason; actually, what I noticed is that the dependency analyser starts building Fortran files in a wrong order. It tends to disappear when you
  • Close the Visual studio
  • Delete the (hidden) YourSolution.suo file from the solution directory
  • For the good measure, delete the Debug and Release directories as well
Next time you open the solution, voila, the problem is gone...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
Quoting - scrognoid
One of the Fortran Projects that builds a library is not compiling all of the source files, just some of them.

I've seen that happenning on occasion, but with no obvious reason; actually, what I noticed is that the dependency analyser starts building Fortran files in a wrong order. It tends to disappear when you
  • Close the Visual studio
  • Delete the (hidden) YourSolution.suo file from the solution directory
  • For the good measure, delete the Debug and Release directories as well
Next time you open the solution, voila, the problem is gone...
0 Kudos