Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28701 Discussions

Moving CVF 6.6 installation to new PC

kleypoldt
Beginner

I have an old workstation that has CVF (Compaq Visual Fortran) 6.6 installed (and running). However this machine is getting old and needs to be retired.

The problems that I have are:

1) Nobody knows where the installation CD is

2) Once we have the CD/media we do not have the installation code to reinstall. We think that we had a trial CD, which we then purchased a license for and applied it?

Is it possible to 'move' the installation from one PC to another by copying directories? ( I am pretty sure this is not)
Is it possible to download the application and then apply the existing license?
Is the VF Product ID (see below) and the fortran.lic (see attached) all that I need to re-install?

Any support or suggestions on moving or getting our version of CVF installed on a different PC would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

-Kevin Leypoldt

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
The installation does a lot of registry work. I am not aware that it is possible to just move the files, and some of the registry entries, especially those used by the IDE, are hard to locate. The serial number is included in that text file - it starts with 33. The software is not downloadable.
0 Kudos