Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28711 Discussions

Multiple versions (switching) between 11 and 10

jarvusluntatintel

I have different projects on my computer and I want to switch between using the last Intel 10 version and the latest Intel 11 version with vs 2005. I've searched this site and the only instructions I have found are similar to:

"You can have only one integration installed, but in VS2005/2008, you can select among multiple compiler versions to use in Tools > Options > Intel Fortran..."

So I go to Tools > Options > Intel > compilers and choose version 10 and close the window (if I reopen the window, version 10 is still selected). However, under Help > About, it still shows version 11 and when I try to open a a project created with version 10, it tells me that I must convert it to the latest version (i.e. version 11). Am I missing a simple step or does this behavior indicate that something is not installed correctly? Under the fortran executables and library path names, I don't see anything that looks like it is pointing to a version 11. Are there other paths that should be checked?

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You can have only one version of the integration installed, but can select among various installed compilers to do the build. You have done everything right - when you build your project you will see the exact compiler version used shown in the output pane.
0 Kudos
jarvusluntatintel

Oh, I didn't realize that.

So what happens when I check my work back in and somebody who only has an earlierintegration withIntel 10 installed tries to load and build it? Will they be able to "back convert" the project or will this cause problems?

Thanks once again.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
No back-conversion. Anyone you share the project with will need version 11.
0 Kudos