Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

NLB

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor II

Dear All:

I realize we are all busy, but I enclose a recent picture from the CDC of the corona virus.   The problem is that most Fortran programmers are older, so it is a real problem for us older gentle folk. 

PS: Vodka only has 40% alc, you need 60% to sterilize. 

Interesting problem:  How could you encode the nasty little blighter in Fortran?

John

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor II

I was looking at the disease spread models, the problem is similar to the how many bombs does it take to destroy a city - solved by the English Statistician in WW2. Great paper. 

In looking at a disease model in Fortran --  it is not a good idea to use the model of a cell enclosed by eight cells,  after all human move, I wonder if a good model would include a high level array to code cities, an array below each city for the districts, and so on? In Lisp we could do this in tree and branch form - but it is harder in Fortran 

Any ideas?

This is just a thought experiment. I realize it has probably been done.