Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Need Help With System Studio Fortran

Pritchard__Walter

Hello. I am having a problem getting MS Visual Studio to 'see' the Intel Fortran Compiler. When I click on new project there are no Intel options in the project type list. The Intel stuff is there because when I click on tools I can see all of it, but there it only gives me the option of deleting  (which of course I don't want to do). Any help would be greatly appreciated! Wally

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

If you installed Intel System Studio, that doesn't include Fortran. The product that does include Fortran is Intel Parallel Studio XE.

If you meant to say Parallel Studio, then:

1) In Visual Studio, select Help > About. Click Copy Info and paste the results into a reply here.
2) Tell us the complete name of the installer EXE you used to install the Intel product.

In the meantime, please go through https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/troubleshooting-fortran-integration-issues-with-visual-studio/

0 Kudos
Pritchard__Walter

Hey Steve, thanks so much for your reply. I effed up and bought SS thinking it would compile Fortran. I am going to try to switch to Parallel Studio, having sent the following email to Intel:

Dear Intel. I recently purchased System Studio apparently mistakenly believing it would compile Fortran. As was noted by a person on the Intel Fortan DB is that what I should have bought is the Fortran only version of Parallel Studio XE (PCF999WLAE01X1Z). I would like to delete what I bought from my system and credit its cost toward PSXE. The additional money for PSXE would also come from the same credit card I used to purchase SS. Please get back to me about this. Thanks, Walter Pritchard

Again, I really appreciate your help here. Wally

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Ok - my experience in the past (on the support side, dealing with such issues) is that Intel is quite accommodating with such requests. If you bought from the Intel Software Store, contact info is at the bottom of https://softwarestore.intel.com/

0 Kudos