Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Need installer for Windows7?

fortuser
Beginner
My PC was recently upgraded from WinXP to Win7. I had IVF installed on it. I still have the install disc, version 11.1. Do I need a new installer?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Your 11.1 install disc should work ok, though some early ones might not work. I would recommend, however, downloading the latest installer your license is eligible for from the Intel Registration Center.
0 Kudos
fortuser
Beginner
I went to the registration center and registered for the upgrade. My employer does not allow downloads from external sites, though. Is there some other way I can receive the upgrade?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Not that I am aware of. Perhaps you can ask your IT department to download an install, run it to unpack and then copy to a DVD? Or just copy the installer to a DVD after they check it for whatever.
0 Kudos
fortuser
Beginner
I just tried to install the original disc and the Intel site says that this disc is no longer valid. Evidently my registration for the upgrade canceled the old disc. Is there any way out of this mess? Can I cancel the upgrade?

We don't have an IT department, we have an IT bureaucracy mismanaged by bean counters. It takes months to get anything done.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
If you registered yourself, you should be able to log in at https://registrationcenter.intel.com and email yourself a fresh license file, and download the most recent version covered under your license.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
There is nothing that "canceled the disc". What exactly does the message say? It is true that serial numbers are tied to product versions, so if you used an older or newer serial number the install from disc would not work. As Tim says, have the registration center email you a license file, save that to your desktop, then say you have a licenae file when you install and point to it.
0 Kudos
fortuser
Beginner
Thanks for the clarification.

I used the license file that I received from Intel Support to install from my old disc that has version 11.1. It looks like I am back in business.
0 Kudos