Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

NetCDF and WRF

jofre_j_
Beginner

I would like to know wich is the best compiler and linux version to use NetCDF and WRF without any problems?

I need to install C++ and Fortran for run WRF meteorological model forecast and should run fast.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
0 Kudos
jofre_j_
Beginner
My machine have a DEX Procesador Intel Core i5-3450 (3.1,6MB,1155) and Fedora 17. I have installed Intel(R) Composer XE 2013, C++ and Fortran, but I don't understand how to know where is it in my machine, the equivalent of the help exemple : Hardware: The steps in this guide have been tested on Intel® Core™2 Duo processors Software: This guide applies to version 10.0 of the Intel Compilers. $ source /opt/intel/cce/10.0.xxx/bin/iccvars.sh $ source /opt/intel/fce/10.0.xxx/bin/ifortvars.sh and It seems that ifort and f90 or f95 doesn't work.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
The compilervars.sh script in your installation takes care of both the iccvars and ifortvars. If you didn't pay attention to the screen echoes during installation, you can find it (in a default installation) by find /opt/intel -name compilervars.sh. Adjust your path for the source command, and add intel64 at the end (ia32 if struggling with 32-bit OS). Very little should have changed since the instructions were posted, other than the newer compiler version, and the possibility you may want newer versions of the applications.
0 Kudos