Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

New disks

earleinhorn
Beginner
I have updated fortran6.1 to 6.6b on the internet. I am buying a new computer and going from windows 98 to xp pro.
Can I get new disks to install on new computer? Do I also have to move my visual studio over to the new computer to use the the fortran in the developers studio environment.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I answered this through the question you sent to vf-support.

Steve
0 Kudos
pcurtis
Beginner
Steve, could you possibly share that answer with the rest of your users?

My CVF has outlasted several computers now, and I believe I have to go back to v5 or something like that, and go through a tedious 12-step upgrade process in order to reconstitute v6.6. I would be willing to pay a media cost under my current license for a new CD with a single-shot install process for the current version.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
My response to Earl was that he would have to reinstall on the new PC with what he had, and that reinstalling Visual Studio was needed only if he wanted to use one of the Microsoft compilers.

We don't have a process where we can sell you a replacement CD "for media costs". Believe me, I wish we did... We handle requests for replacement media on a case-by-case basis - it's expensive for us to send new CDs, and we have no mechanism for recovering the cost. Sounds stupid, I know, but it's true.

You can skip installing 5.0 if reinstalling with an upgrade. Start with 6.0 or 6.1, depending on which you have, go to 6.5, 6.6 and then 6.6B. If I get a chance, when I release 6.6C, I'll replace the 6.6 upgrade with one that takes you straight to 6.6C from 6.5.

I sympathize, really I do. One of the things I am working on at Intel is to ensure we have some mechanism to handle replacement CD requests. And it's unlikely you'll ever have to install multiple upgrades with the Intel compilers.

Steve
0 Kudos