Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

No F1 help or documentation in Visual Studio (17.3.4) with oneAPI 2022.2

j0e
New Contributor I

On a Window 11 box, hitting F1 (i.e. help) in Visual Studio (17.3.4) does nothing. Furthermore, Intel compiler documentation (under Help menu) is not listed. The only help integrated into VS 2022 is for Intel VTune Profiler, and that help pulls up external browser (Advisor nor Inspector are integrated either). 

The Intel installer did install the local HTML files (under C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\2021.2.0\windows\documentation\en\compiler_f), so those are there, just not integrated into VS 2022.

Any solutions? Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MWind2
New Contributor III

See Download Documentation: Intel® Compiler (Current and Previous) for basic locations. I recently had this problem when F! Fortran brought up 2017 help in 2022.2, and then I found I had not put the 2022 help files in at all. I did a repair of my 2022 for another reason, but before(or after, I forget) I had put in the help files for 2022. After restarting VS all seemed well.

Directory for 2017 for C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\documentation_2017\en\compiler_c looks has subfolders ps2017 and common, and all the GUID files seem to be in .\common\core. Fortran is similar in 2017 for C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\documentation_2017\en\compiler_f. The oneAPI files for Fortran are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\2022.0.3\windows\documentation\en\compiler_f, and I am waiting to hear back from support on where to put dcpp and cpp files as there are to unzips going to the same place with different index.htm's.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

thanks for the posts, it is an interesting read. 

0 Kudos
j0e
New Contributor I

Thanks, but as I mentioned, all the documentation files are in the correct directory; that is, Intel install did that correctly. The problem is not that F1 can't find the help index, but rather does nothing at all. It's a dead key in VS2022. I haven't tried repairing yet, but this was a fresh install, so it seems unlikely a repair would do anything.

0 Kudos
MWind2
New Contributor III

Always for me, the help files had to be installed manually be unzipping the F1 help file downloaded to the correct directory The installation never installed the F1 help files.

0 Kudos
j0e
New Contributor I

it's been hit or miss for me. Some installs Help works, other times it doesn't. I've sent the problem to Intel Support and will see what they say.

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

I will test this with the latest oneAPI HPC toolkit. 

0 Kudos