Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

No SDK library

dajum
Novice

We have several installations of VS-Build Tools 2022 and the OneAPI HPC Toolkit that don't run.

The problem appears to be the kernel32.lib isn't found because the paths to it are not correct.  If I look in the environment variables.  WindowsSDKVersion=\ and WindowsSDKLibVersion=winv6.3

I know these values don't point to the correct places like all of the good installations I have seen.

Is this a known issue with some anti-virus software.  The bad installations all use Symmantic.

Several other of the SDK variable are just not set.  I can't use the VS IDE because it isn't there to set the library paths.  Is there a way to get this set up correctly?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

It sounds to me as if the Windows 10 SDK is not installed. See Installing Microsoft Visual Studio* for Use with Intel® Compilers

0 Kudos
dajum
Novice

It is installed.  The files are there in all the right places.  The programs installed show it.  It shows everywhere correctly that I can tell except for the environment variables.  The link you provided shows 2019 versions (16.x.x) and they all have 2022 (17.3.1).  The 10.0.19041.0 version of the SDK is installed.  But going through the .bat files to set the environment when you load a command prompt window doesn't set the environment correctly. I would like to figure out why, but I'm not skilled in tracking that down.  If there is a procedure or help guide somewhere I haven't found it googling.  But I can assure you the SDK was installed, it just doesn't set the environment variables like it should.  Why is the version winv6.3 and the version \.  Makes no sense to me. It is build tools. The installer was run with admin rights.  But there is anti-virus on the machine.  I have no idea what that does.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

My usual suggestion in such cases is to uninstall the Intel product(s), uninstall Visual Studio, reboot, then reinstall.

0 Kudos
dajum
Novice

Yes we have done the installation 4 times (only 2 reboots tho) trying some different options during the install.  That's why I need a way to debug what is happening and what is missing.  Because the same thing is happening on multiple computers it is strange.  The winv6.3 version looks to me like an old default value that doesn't get updated during the installation, but I don't really have a clue how the MS installer works.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Sometimes things like this happen with updating computers or reloading or updating windows. 

You should not use VS 2022, it is broken and no amount of playing with outside fixes is going to correct all the problems. 

Install VS 2019, and then install oneAPI. 

If you are using different versions of Windows, say 10 you will need 19041 SDK, but if you are using 11 - normal like normal people, then you need SDK 22000 and if you run 11 Preview, then you will need a lot of SDK's. 

When you created the SLN file for the project it found a specific SDK, if I move a program from a 19041 to a 25791 (current preview) then you get the errors you are seeing.  

The simplest way is to make a new project file from the FORTRAN files. 

The long way is to try and solve the problem.  In extremis, if you are ready to do something wild like, drink a gingerbeer warm, then copy the kernel files into your folder and live with a 1980s dos 2.1 solution.  

Good hunting.  

Steve will tell me this is a no-no, like a bo-bo but badder, but if time is money, just solve it and then get with important things.  

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Steve:

The new NUCS are really nice.  I spent yesterday loading Windows 11, normal, on machines to do acceleration monitoring on an old structure.  I tried doing a SAMSUNG SDD copy, the machines are fast enough that in a race just doing all the installs from scratch was faster.  

I have yet to put oneapi on them.  We shall see.  

Installing the memory and ssd was so simple even I could do it.  

You will love them.  

I am using the i3, winaerotweaker logs them at 8 on the old machine test scale.  

JMN

The bad news - MS just released VS 2022 preview, so they are looking to the next version of VS.  VS 2024 or 25?? 

0 Kudos