Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26755 Discussions

No option to use Fortran in Microsoft Visual Studio

lotts__william
Beginner

I recently downloaded the student version of Intel (R) Parallel Studio XE 2019, which is supposed to come with a Fortran Compiler. I have also downloaded the "community version" of Microsoft Visual Studio 2019. When I open up Miscrosoft Visual Studio 2019, I cannot find an option to start a Fortran script. I have looked in every single dropdown menu accessible in the entire interface and cannot find anything related to starting a Fortran script. Also, the only thing file in the whole Intel (R) Parallel Studio XE 2019 install that appears to have anything to do with Fortran is merely a "getting started" guide of helpful hints. I have downloaded Microsoft Version Studio trying to obey the precept "Microsoft C++ support must be selected as part of the Visual Studio install", and have downloaded all of the extensions that have C++ in the title. Item 3 in the "getting started" guide to using Visual Studio says "In the New Project window, select a project type under Intel(R) Visual Fortran," but there is no "Intel(R) Visual Fortran" to select a project under. Perhaps I have downloaded the wrong version of Intel (R) Parallel Studio XE 2019 (maybe I need the professional or something higher and not the student)... Or maybe I need a higher level version of Microsoft Visual Studio other than the community version. Perhaps it also something simple I am overlooking. I appreciate any help.

-Seth

0 Kudos
0 Replies