Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28481 Discussions

No symbol file loaded for libifcoremdd.dll

Zhang_Kuhn
Beginner

Hi, 

I am using ONEAPI BaseKit and HPCKit for Fortran compiler with Visual Studio 2019.

When I Start Debugging my code,an exception thrown will pop up. The message on the Pop-ups will show "myprogram.exe has triggered a breakpoint". 

And a window named "No Symbols Loaded" will appear too. The information on it is:

"Symbol file not loaded

No symbol file loaded for libifcoremdd.dll

Module Information

version:                 20.0 - 001

original location: C:\............................

Symbol load information

binary was not build with debug information."

Please someone help me. I'm trying to learn Fortran. But the problem with "libifcoremdd.dll" has been bothering me since the beginning. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidWhite
Valued Contributor II

That's one of the Intel core libraries -- you don't want to debug in there, so don't need the symbols.

You only want the symbols in your own code.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

David:

Fortran programmers should dare to go where no 15 year old hacker has not gone before, which lets out all of the US government dept systems,  and probably Intel etc.. 

One of the interesting problems with the debugger is the inability to see parameters.  That can be a hassle. 

PS happy thanksgiving, although you probably never heard of it.  

humour, 80% of one of the main Dell computer Black Friday sales items has been sold by Thursday.  

0 Kudos
IanH
Honored Contributor II
@JohnNichols wrote:

David:

One of the interesting problems with the debugger is the inability to see parameters.  That can be a hassle. 

This has nothing to do with the original post, but have you told the compiler that you want it to emit the necessary debugging information via the the /debug-parameters command line option?

0 Kudos