Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28593 Discussions

Non commercial Intel Fortran Compiler for Mac OS X

aerorahul
Beginner
Does Intel provide free download for non commercial use of the fortran compiler for Mac OS X ? If so, can anyone provide the link? The page I visited only provides for Linux. http://www3.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/340679.htm

I am a student and the student pricing is still on the higher end for me to be able to buy the product for academic use.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
jdrodrig
Beginner
If it helps, I just wanted to say that as a student also I found that dual-booting linux (ubuntu) and using intel's compiler for linux has turned out a good option for me.

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

At this time there is no non-commercial version of our compiler forMac OS.

Intel will soon come out with a new licensing model for students and academic licenses.

I'm meeting with our marketing folks in the next couple of days. I will ask about the Mac OS non-comm and reply back.

ron

0 Kudos
aerorahul
Beginner
Thanks Ron.
I anxiously wait for your reply.
It seems like a good marketing strategy that, if Intel wants more and more Mac users to buy their fortran compiler, it would be best for them to let them use non-commercial licenses to develop reportire and test the stability of the compiler on the Mac Intel Chipset.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
cfgold
Beginner
Dear Ron,

Hello. I have been following this thread anxiously. Is there any update on if/when a non-commerical ifort for Mac will be released? Like the original poster, I am student, and I would love to be able to use ifort on my Mac.

Thanks!
C
0 Kudos
Ron_Green

I apologize for the delay - it has been busy here because of the product launch.

I have an open question into marketing to find out what we offer. On my own research, all I've been able to find is the USD $280 list Academic version of Intel Fortran for Mac OS.

I will hopefully get an answer to this soon.

ron

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
The Student price is $49. You have to buy this from an independent reseller which offers student licenses. See this page for more information.
0 Kudos
Florian_F_1
Beginner

Thank you intel for nothing! I created a stupid developer account and then I only get access to half of the stuff! 

If seems to be to much of a burden to add a decent menu to this webpage too. I had to use google to find my way around this useless website. Even finding the non-commercial using the regular menu is quite a challenge.

Oh well, it is OpenBLAS for me then! You just google it, get simple instructions what to do and it works on Windows, Linux and OS X without the need to wait till some dumb idiot in a suit figures out some licensing problem.

0 Kudos
Florian_F_1
Beginner

Thank you intel for nothing! I created a stupid developer account and then I only get access to half of the stuff! 

If seems to be to much of a burden to add a decent menu to this webpage too. I had to use google to find my way around this useless website. Even finding the non-commercial using the regular menu is quite a challenge.

Oh well, it is OpenBLAS for me then! You just google it, get simple instructions what to do and it works on Windows, Linux and OS X without the need to wait till some dumb idiot in a suit figures out some licensing problem.

0 Kudos
Florian_F_1
Beginner

Awesome, this forum even seems to support the new "press once, post twice" feature!

Seriously, who writes this kind of web applications for intel? Maybe you should go to your list of registered developers and find a person with enough black belt points to fix this whole website for you!

0 Kudos