Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28632 Discussions

Not understanding compiler updates and how to manage them.

FORTRAN_IV
Beginner

Hi, I have registrations for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Linux and Intel® Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition for Fortran and C++ Linux* (all tools). I see there is an Update 1 for the Composer Edition so I am downloading it. Checking the Professional Edition no update has been issued for the top level product but there are numerous updates below it. It appears that the Composer Edition is a component of the Professional edition although my intent was to have a command line Fortran toolset on one box and a kitchen sink toolset on another box. The issues I am wondering about are how to keep track of the updates of subcomponents and how to keep everything updated. Why wasn't the version bumped for Professional Edition given both the C++ and Fortran compilers contained it in have been updated? Really it seems like most of the components of Professional Edition have been updated. It's very confusing. For the composer edition do I just download and install over an existing composer installation or do I delete the old installation and do a fresh install? For the Professional edition how should I update? Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
FORTRAN_IV
Beginner
Please ignore. Question was moved to a different thread: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/535440
0 Kudos