cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Older version of Intel Fortran Compiler

Hi,

I am trying to install the Intel Fortran Compiler 16 update 1. But it seems the download source has been removed. Is there any remaining source that I can get?

Thanks,

Peng

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Black Belt Retired Employee

Why that old version?

If you have a support contract you can probably open a support ticket and ask to be provided access. However, I checked and I can still download Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 5.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your reply. My situation is I am trying to link the Abaqus2019 with Fortran compiler. Previously, I used the Parallel Studio XE 2020 and it is not recognized by Abaqus2019. Then I installed the XE 2019 which was recognized. However, I tried to use a subroutine, the Abaqus runs into compilation error. I did the same job on Cluster, and the job runs well.

Later, I found the recommended compiler of Fortran is XE2016 update 1. But the sources seem to have been removed.

Maybe it's the setup things that can also lead to compile errors.

Best,

Peng

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Give us details on the compilation error - I am doubtful that the old compiler will magically fix things. Show the complete and exact text of the error message and the source lines it is complaining about. Include declarations of any variables or routines mentioned in those source lines.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Steve,

I really appreciate your kind reply. The information is shown as,

Begin Compiling Abaqus/Standard User Subroutines
1/27/2020 11:47:06 PM
'ifort' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Abaqus Error: Problem during compilation - xxxxxxxx.f

But I did PASS the subroutine verification. Please see the attached.

Please let me know if there is something I can fix this. Thank you.

Best regards,

Peng

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Black Belt

If you run the Abaqus startup batch file from the Windows explorer or from a command window other than the Intel Fortran command window, Abaqus will not be able to run Ifort unless the Ifort path is included in the system PATH.

You are unlikely to receive advice based on fragmented reports of problems. You must state the circumstances and the the steps that you performed. Merely reporting error messages does not suffice. Please note that we were not watching over your shoulder when you did whatever you did before you saw the error messages.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Steve,

I am struggling at the same problem. I can't find a way to download older versions of Intel Fortran Compiler. I need the Intel XE Composer 2016, but it is actually not shown in the drop-down list  of the download page. Is there any other way to download it?

Thanks,

Caiuã.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

You can contact Intel Support, but I would suggest instead installing the latest version you are licensed for and resolve any build issues with that. Most often it's that the third-party setup script is looking for the Intel compiler in specific places, and the places change from release to release. Intel uses an environment variable of the form IFORT_COMPILERxx where xx is (sort of) the version number. It's 20 for the 19.1 compiler, confusingly enough. You may just need to edit the third party script for that.

I wish Intel would add something like IFORT_COMPILER_latest.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you, Steve and mecej4. It's all set. After install and reinstall several times and repeating setup link between Fortran and Abaqus, the program works well now.

Thank you for your advice. 

Best,

Pemg

0 Kudos