Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28383 Discussions

OneAPI Fortran Documentation not searchable after 2021.4 update

avinashs
New Contributor I

After the update to 2021.4 on 9/27/2021, the ability to search within the documentation seems to have disappeared (at least on my Windows 10 computers, both with Edge and Chrome browsers). Would greatly appreciate if this feature could be restored.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Barbara_P_Intel

The search is working again for Intel Fortran Developer Guide and Reference and other documents.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Barbara_P_Intel

I just searched the Fortran Developer Guide and Reference for "ifort" using Windows 10 and Chrome and got 266 matches.  

I know that searches with a leading "-" don't work well, if at all.

0 Kudos
avinashs
New Contributor I

Thanks for following up, @Barbara_P_Intel . Still a problem for me - can't figure out why. The search results are always blank. I have downloaded the .pdf version so I am using that for now. The url I am using is below:

Intel® Fortran Compiler Classic 2021.1 and Intel® Fortran Compiler...

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

I see the same behavior that Avinash describes on Windows 10 64-bit using 1) Edge 2) Firefox and 3) Opera. I tried searching for a number of words such as "Ifort", "dimension", "save", and each time the search found nothing. I see the same problem with the latest online documentation for MKL, as well.

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

I filed a bug report on this, DOC-9010. I'll let you know what happens.

FYI, these browsers work for me on Windows 10, Chrome Version 94.0.4606.71 and Edge Version 94.0.992.38.

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

As @avinashs wrote, a workaround is to download the PDF. The PDFs are my preference for searching. 

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

The search is working again for Intel Fortran Developer Guide and Reference and other documents.

0 Kudos
avinashs
New Contributor I

Thanks for your efforts. I confirmed that it is working on my end too.

0 Kudos