Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Online documentation very slow

Jacob_Williams
New Contributor I

Intel's online Fortran documentation has always been incredibly slow for me. Any click takes several seconds to open the page. It's very painful to use. Can Intel fix this?

Didn't installing the compiler used to install a local copy of the documentation somewhere? Did that go away at some point?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IanH
Honored Contributor II

The opening page of the compiler's documentation contains a link to instructions on how to download and install (for Windows) the documentation so that it is available locally (including via F1 in Visual Studio).  This works for me.

See https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/download-documentation-intel-compiler-current-and-previous

0 Kudos
Jacob_Williams
New Contributor I

Thanks!

It's not ideal since the VS menu still opens a page that links to the online documentation. And the sidebar field stops working for me in FIrefox after I search for something. But I guess it's better than nothing. It all seems to work fine in IE.

I'm not really sure why Intel thought this was a good idea...

0 Kudos
IanH
Honored Contributor II

F1 from within VS (2019) works for me.  The top level directory of the extracted zip file (19.0_U4_FORTRAN_DGR_F1HELP) is immediately under C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2019\windows\documentation\en\compiler_f.

I do see the issue with search results in the sidebar under firefox.

0 Kudos