Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

OpenMP Continuation indicator

rasa
Beginner
What is the continuation indicator for OpenMP for free source (E.g. for F2003 it is &) ?

I like to a DEFAULT(NONE) on my OpenMP loops. This way compiler warns me if I missed any variables for an OpenMP parallel section.

[bash]!$OMP PARALLEL DO PRIVATE(maxvalue,minvalue,maxloca,minloca) SHARED(nnodes,ndir,motiontstps,motiontinc,motionaccelth,zpa,zpaloc) DEFAULT(NONE)

! do loop goes here

!$OMP END PARALLEL DO

[/bash]
However, I am getting the copiler warning for F2003 checking.

[bash]warning #5268: Extension to standard: The text exceeds right hand column allowed on the line.[/bash]

How can I avoid this ?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
OMP directives can be continued. In free-form source, you add the & at the end of the line to be continued and insert the "sentinel" at the beginning of the continued line.
[fortran]!$OMP PARALLEL DO PRIVATE(maxvalue,minvalue,maxloca,minloca) &
!$OMP   SHARED(nnodes,ndir,motiontstps,motiontinc,motionaccelth,zpa,zpaloc) DEFAULT(NONE)  
[/fortran]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
OMP directives can be continued. In free-form source, you add the & at the end of the line to be continued and insert the "sentinel" at the beginning of the continued line.
[fortran]!$OMP PARALLEL DO PRIVATE(maxvalue,minvalue,maxloca,minloca) &
!$OMP   SHARED(nnodes,ndir,motiontstps,motiontinc,motionaccelth,zpa,zpaloc) DEFAULT(NONE)  
[/fortran]
0 Kudos
rasa
Beginner
Thanks for the prompt response.
0 Kudos