Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

OpenMP library

lan0907
Beginner
Dear all,
I have a code with multi-threading features in it. However, when I tried to excute and debug the code, I got error "LNK2019: unresolved external sybol OMP_GET_THREAD_NUM referenced in function abc..." and error 'LNK2001:unresolved external sybol OMP_GET_THREAD_NUM', also other error LNK2001 for related variables, methods with OpenMP.
I guess, I did NOT specified library or other commends correctly for the compiler???
The core code is the following:
!$omp parallel private(id)
id = omp_get_thread_num() ! id starts with 0
call xyz_Subroutine
!$omp end parallel
I am using Intel Visual Fortan Compiler (Professional Edition) for Windows - Version 10 and Microsoft Visual Studion on a x64 bit Machine.
See if anybody has some ideas on this. Thank you very much in advance!
--
Lan
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Add this:

use omp_lib

after your PROGRAM, SUBROUTINE or FUNCTION statement to properly declare the routine. You should also be sure to have set the "Process OpenMP Directives" option under Fortran > Language in Visual Studio, or use the /Qopenmp option on the command line.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
In order to make a program which works regardless of whether /Qopenmp is set, according to OpenMP standard, you guard those by #ifdef _OPENMP:
#ifdef _OPENMP
use omp_lib
#endif
#ifdef _OPENMP
... =omp_get_thread_num()
#endif

but then you must set /fpp for Windows compilation.
I've never seen anyone attempt to use the version date aspect of _OPENMP.
I do frequently see legacy programs which declare e.g.
integer omp_get_thread_num
which should be flagged as at least a warning with strict checking enabled.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
It really isn't necessary to conditionalize the USE.
0 Kudos