Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

OpenMPI: Hiding -ipo optimation flag warnings

Jeffry_L_
Beginner

When compiling code that uses OpenMPI with mpifort -qopenmp -O3 -xhost -ipo -qoverride-limits -nowarn, I receive a bunch of warnings such as 

ipo: warning #11021: unresolved opal_thread_get_self
        Referenced in /usr/local/openmpi/1.8.8/intel160/x86_64/lib64/libmpi.so

It appears that the -nowarn flag does not prevent these warnings from appearing; is there any way to prevent them?

I am using Intel version 16.0.2 20160204.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Was your OpenMPI built with ifort 16.0, with its install paths set when building your application?  Failure to link is fatal, not a warning.  The subject is more likely to be dealt with on the OpenMPI mail list, after you consult the person who installed your OpenMPI.

0 Kudos
Xiaoping_D_Intel
Employee

It is a known issue that IPO linkage issue warnings on those symbols inside indirectly referenced libraries like "libopen-pal.so". I have linked your post to the existing defect report DPD200362415.

A possible workaround is to explicitly add libraries containing those symbols to the command line, for example, "-lopen-pal".

Thanks,

Xiaoping Duan

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Jeffry_L_
Beginner

Thank you Tim and Xiaoping for the comments. My version of OpenMPI was built with ifort 16.0 and the install paths were set when building the application.

I might do as Xiaoping suggests or I might just let the warnings print out.

0 Kudos