Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Operator // and FD files

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

clf=

char(10)//char(13)

Anthony used this code, I have never struck the // operator and Metcalf tells me it is a char operator, but do not what it does. Can some tell me please?

I took my last Fortran class in 1979 at Newcastle University, we used punch cards on a mainframe or a Daemon computer that was in the library.

If I add radio buttons the code gets added to the resource.h file, but not always to the FD file, how do I recompile the fd file? or do i have to fix it by hand?

JMN

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
> I have never struck the // operator and Metcalf tells me it is a char operator, but do not what it does.

Concatenation of the character expressions on either side of it.
0 Kudos
anthonyrichards
New Contributor III
What compiler are you using and what integrated development environment (IDE, e.g. DevStudio, Visual Studio, full version please)? Are you using the resource editor that is supplied with your IDE or editing the resource file manually?

Normally, when creating a project from scratch using DevStudio or Visual studio, the resource.h is created automatically and the IDE normally would automatically run an included executable to recreate the resource.fd file needed by the Fortran compiler from it. Every time you change the resource file and modify the resource.h header file that is included into it and do a rebuild of your project, then the rersource.fd would normally be rebuilt before the Fortran code is recompiled. When using Visual Studio and the Intel compiler to create a project, if you right-click on the resource.h file and select properties then examine the custom build step entry, you should find a command to run the DEFTOFD.EXE program with the RESOURCE.H file as input, which then creates the RESOURCE.FD file as output. If this build step is missing, then that is why your .FD file will be getting out of step with your .RC and .H resource files.

P.S. in my experience, Windows will not let you run an EXE where command buttons have been given the BS_OWNERDRAW style, even if you can select Ownerdraw from the Properties sheets.
0 Kudos