Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Output problem of parameterized derived type

Blane_J_
New Contributor I

Hi, there's  a problem of outputting parameterized derived type. Assume this:

program main
    implicit none

type :: test(l)
        integer, len :: l = 99
        character(l) :: s
    end type test

type(test(10)) :: str = test(10)("1234567890")

write(*,*) str%s

end program main

This generates a runtime error of memory conflict when accessing libifcoremdd.dll, so where is the mistake ? Appreciate any reply.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xiaoping_D_Intel
Employee

Can you provide the compiler version and the compilation command line? I tried  both 16.0 update 3 and the latest 17.0. None of them produced the error.

Thanks,

Xiaoping Duan

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Blane_J_
New Contributor I

I'm using Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler XE 15.0.6.285 [IA-32] and the command line:

Compile:

/nologo /debug:full /Od /warn:interfaces /module:"Debug\\" /object:"Debug\\" /Fd"Debug\vc140.pdb" /traceback /check:bounds /check:stack /libs:dll /threads /dbglibs /c

Link:

/OUT:"Debug\Project.exe" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"Debug\Project.exe.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"D:\Project\Project\Debug\Project.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /STACK:10000000,10000000 /IMPLIB:"D:\Project\Project\Debug\Project.lib"

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Xiaoping_D_Intel
Employee

I can reproduce the error using 15.0 compiler. It should be a compiler bug which has already been fixed in the newer 16.0 and 17.0 version. So please upgrade your compiler to the newer version.

Thanks,

Xiaoping Duan

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Blane_J_
New Contributor I

Xiaoping D. (Intel) wrote:

I can reproduce the error using 15.0 compiler. It should be a compiler bug which has already been fixed in the newer 16.0 and 17.0 version. So please upgrade your compiler to the newer version.

Thanks,

Xiaoping Duan

Intel Customer Support

That's OK, thanks a lot.

0 Kudos