Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28603 Discussions

PSCAD error with intel fortran compiler in OneAPI tool

Zarak
Beginner

Dear Concerned,

I am a newly graduate student and have been trying to use Intel fortran compiler installed with intel one api base and hpc tool kit. I installed Intel fortran compiler classic 2021.1.1 and I have VS2017 installed in my PC. Upon running the example projects with Intel fortran compiler I am encountering the following error:

1) fatal error U1033: Syntax error : 'Fortran' unexpected

2) Unable to generate simulation exe

My own model works with the previous versions of Intel compiler but currently I am facing these two errors with newly set compiler. Can anyone help me with these issues?

Thanks and regards,

Zarak Avais Khan

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Zarak,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. Kindly let us know the below details. They will allow us to understand the situation better.

• Were there any issues during the Intel® Fortran compiler classic 2021.1.1 installation?
  • Which installation was done first out of the following: Intel® Fortran compiler classic 2021.1.1 or the Visual Studio 2017?
  • A copy of the Info (using 'Copy Info') from 'About' of the Help section of the Visual Studio.
  • Is there only one version of Intel® Fortran compiler currently installed on the system? If there are more, kindly share their version.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Zarak
Beginner

Hi Soumya,

Thank you for your reply. Please find the required details:

1- No there wasn,t any issue during intel fortran compiler classic.

2- Visual studio 2017 was installed first.

3- Please find the copy info in attached word file.

4- Yes, from model dependencies I can choose between Gfortran compilers and Intel Fortran compiler classic 2021.1.1 and one similar with x64.

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Zarak Avais Khan

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Zarak,

Thanks for your update on the thread. Based on the all the information shared, we have found that the product installation and integration were successfully done. Kindly note that our team (and this forum) provides assistance on getting started (such as registration, downloading, licensing and installing) questions regarding the Intel® oneAPI Toolkits, Intel® Parallel Studio XE and Intel® System Studio. Due to that the query is out of our scope.

Therefore, to proceed further, we are moving your topic to the 'Intel® Fortran Compiler' forum as our internal team there would be able to assist you better. Please be assured, they will get back to you in a timely manner.

Hope you have a nice day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Error U1033 is not an Intel Fortran error. Rather, that's an nmake error. Since this is not part of Intel Fortran, I'm guessing that PSCAD provides an nmake makefile, or perhaps you wrote it or modified it. Perhaps we can help anyway if you could attach a zip of the makefile so we could maybe see what is wrong with it.

0 Kudos