Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Parallel Studio XE 2019 processor compatibility with Xeon Scalable W-2145

Glenn1
Beginner

Not sure if this is the right forum but...    I recently purchased a new computer system with Intel's Xeon W Scalable W-2145 processor. After installing XE 2019 Professional, the system consistently hangs on restart. Using a restore point just prior to XE 2019 installation, the system is stable. Having repeated this process a couple of times, I decided to only install the Fortran compiler but not the other components Inspector, Advisor, and Amplifier. The system restarts normally and consistently. This make me wonder if it is perhaps a compatibility issue with the processor and one or more of the other components. The release notes indicate Intel Xeon E5 & E7 family are recommended but I have not seen anything specifically mentioning incompatibility with the Xeon W family. Any helpful and informative thoughts?

Thank you!

System specs: Board: Supermicro Intel C422 C.C. X11SRA-F;  Processor: Xeon Scalable W-2145; Memory: 128GB DDR4-2666 ECC Registered

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Johannes_Rieke
New Contributor III

Hi Glenn, I've the same CPU type and chipset and have no issues. I doubt, that the CPU is the reason for your hangs. Might be your OS or UEFI version is the reason for the issue...

0 Kudos
Glenn1
Beginner

Thanks. I should have mentioned that the OS is Windows 10 Enterprise. Not sure of UEFI version at present.

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

I suspect the issue involves the service installed in support of VTune to provide hardware sampling.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos