Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Parallel Studio XE 2020 Update 1 Installation Problem

Dutton__Dave
Beginner

Hi,

I downloaded the trial version of the software and it refuses to install.
When I enter the supplied serial number it says:
"Activation rights do not allow this software to be installed. This could be due to expired subscription, incompatible serial number, or outdated Intel® Software License Manager."

My OS is Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1903.

Best regards,
Dave Dutton

0 Kudos
10 Replies
ArvindS_Intel
Employee

Hi Dave,

To get better assistance on this issue, please raise a support ticket through below link and one of our representative will address your issue in a timely manner,

https://software.intel.com/en-us/support

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Arvind

Intel® Developer Zone Support

0 Kudos
Dutton__Dave
Beginner

I am using the trial version and the support FAQ says that I should use the forums rather than raise a ticket.

Regards,
Dave

0 Kudos
Dutton__Dave
Beginner

I have just had a reply from Intel Support who say they cannot provide support and I should try asking on the forums instead.

Catch 22?

Regards,
Dave

0 Kudos
FortranFan
Honored Contributor II

@Dave,

Isn't the trial license for limited duration e.g., 30 days?  Can you check whether that many days have passed since the license was issued to you and when you installed the software?  Just checking given "This could be due to expired subscription" bit from the message you received!  

0 Kudos
Dutton__Dave
Beginner

Hi,

I am still tying to install it after downloading it on Friday.
Hopefully, I will get to use it before the trial key expires.

Best regards,

Dave

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

If you have another computer - download VS 2019 and then try the 30 day trial with a fresh download -- it should not ask for serial number for 30 day trial - is my memory -- I have done this occasionally when my serial number was at home

0 Kudos
IanH
Honored Contributor II

The installation for parallel studio 2020 update one was refreshed in the last few days (see the release notes) due to an installer bug.  Perhaps check that you have the latest download (file version and product version end in 86).

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Back when I was at Intel, trial licenses had full support for the trial period. I'm skeptical that this changed - perhaps the support engineer misunderstood.

0 Kudos
Dutton__Dave
Beginner

Hi,

I downloaded the slightly newer version (ending in 86) and have the same issue.

A colleague has an older (but fully licensed) version on a machine he is willing to lend me for a while.
So I'm going to switch to using that for now.

Thanks for the help and tips though.

Best regards,
Dave

0 Kudos
MWind2
New Contributor III

I got that error message and it was caused by having two installers open.

0 Kudos