Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28480 Discussions

Problem running openmp with ifort - dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libiomp5.dylib

sergio_o_
Beginner

Hi, my name is Sergio Ocampo, I'm currently migrating my fortran code from gfortran to ifort. My code uses openmp and I'm getting  the following error when I try to run it:    

ifort -qopenmp -I./Compiled_Files GKK_Main.f90  -o ./Compiled_Files/GKK_Main.a

./Compiled_Files/GKK_Main.a

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libiomp5.dylib

Referenced from: /Users/sergioocampo/Documents/GKKC_Code/./Compiled_Files/GKK_Main.a

Reason: image not found

I have checked other forums for answers but I do not understand the steps they recommend taking. It seems that I need to tell the compiler where the omp library is located. But I don't know how to do it. 

Thanks for your help.

Sergio

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

See if the following article provides a solution to your issue: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/dyld-library-not-loadedlibiomp5dylib .

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

The cause could just be that DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set You may not have source'd the /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh script?

Use this command:  source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64

and then try running the executable again.

0 Kudos
Edgardo_Doerner

as stated above the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set. In my system I place the following statement on .bash_profile file:

# Load Intel OpenMP library
    export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2017.1.126/mac/compiler/lib/"

0 Kudos