Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Problem upgrading to version 4 (XE2016)

WSinc
New Contributor I

When I started the upgrade, it say I have to load a SDK for Windows 8.1.

I currently have installed Windows 10, so I dont see why that would be relevant.

Probably a lot of users by now have windows 10.

Do you know why its telling me this ?

Is there a way around this ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The SDK for Windows 8.1 has nothing to do with which version of Windows you are running - it's just the SDK version. This is required when the Visual Studio Shell is installed. I'd not expect to see an error about this on a simple update unless you didn't have any supported VS installed on the system.

See https://software.intel.com/en-us/vs2013shell-windowssdk

0 Kudos
WSinc
New Contributor I

Does this mean I have to get the VS 2013 shell? I now have VS 2010 shell.

How do I get that ?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

If you are using version 16, the 2010 shell is ok, but won't be for the current 17.0 release. The product installs the VS2013 shell, which is why you get the message about the Windows SDK. I have seen some times in the past when the install wouldn't recognize the existing 2010 Shell.

My advice to you would be to go to the link I posted above, install the Windows SDK for Windows 8.1, and try again. It will install the VS2013 Shell and should also add integration to VS2010 Shell. Then you'll be all set for the 17.0 version (which came out earlier this year.)

0 Kudos