Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28629 Discussions

Problem with Fortran compiler in ubuntu 15.04

Cayo_Emilio_G_
Beginner

Hello community.

I am sorry for not to be an experienced linux user, but I recently acquired Intel Parallel Studio XE, and downloaded the new update 2 for instalation.

I installed the cluster edition with all tools, but I can't see the ifort program. My problem is that I am trying to install another program, MOLPRO (which is a quantum chemistry theoretical program that makes some really hard calculations), and it doesn't recognize the ifort. I type on terminal $which ifort and I get nothing. I see it installed in /opt/intel but I can't use it. It seems that even the OS doesn't recognize it... It problably doesn't recognize the MKL also, which I'll need too...

Can anyone help me?

My desktop has a Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 and 8gb of RAM. I am running the Ubuntu 15.04.

Thanks in advance,

Cayo Emilio.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You need to establish the Fortran environment by first executing:

source /opt/intel/bin/ifortvars.sh intel64

This will also get you MKL.

For more details, please refer to the "Getting Started" documentation we provide.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You need to establish the Fortran environment by first executing:

source /opt/intel/bin/ifortvars.sh intel64

This will also get you MKL.

For more details, please refer to the "Getting Started" documentation we provide.

0 Kudos
Cayo_Emilio_G_
Beginner

Thank you very much, and sorry for take so long to reply. That worked very well.

0 Kudos