Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Problem with -O3 optimization level

Fomin__Ilya
Beginner
Hello everybody. I found a reproducible problem which appears only for level 3 optimization. I have an array, where N_lay is a defined constant integer somewhere in a module: real :: layers_prop(0:N_lay+1) Problem appears during execution of a following line: if (any ((layers_prop(0:N_lay) - layers_prop(1:N_lay+1)) < 0.)) cycle If optimization level is <= 2, it works perfectly (or any level of optimization if code is compiled with GCC). If optimization level is 3, it fails: forrtl: severe (408): fort: (3): Subscript #1 of the array LAYERS_PROP has value -1 which is less than the lower bound of 0 I use ifort (IFORT) 18.0.2 20180210 running on x86_64 Linux computer and compiling line is following: ifort -O3 -traceback -DD -debug -check bounds -check format -check uninit -autodouble -132 -warn all -fpp -no-wrap-margin -heap-arrays -mcmodel=medium -shared-intel -c Could anybody comment on this? Thank you in advance! PS: I failed to produce a minimum working example: it works perfectly if I cut those lines out of the project (which is a big bunch of software). However, I'm ready to provide the code to Intel engineers (without further distribution, since it is a proprietary scientific software).
0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Problem reports filed at supporttickets.intel.com are kept confidential, so that appears to be what you should do (using the account to which your compiler is registered).

0 Kudos