Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Problem with RenameFileQQ

davidgraham
Beginner

I am using RenameFileQQ to rename a directory.

I have noticed that the documentation only says it renames a file.

I have used the code previously to rename a directory and it works.

use ifport,only:RenameFileQQ
logical*4 lret
lret=RenameFileQQ("c:\Grade\data\TEST","c:\Grade\data\1234")

In the previous version that worked, I was using a BrowseForFolder routine but in the new code that doesn't work I'm using a BrowseForFile routine.

The BrowseForFolder routine was from a file CommonDlgXtras.f90 which I got from the forum from John Termine.

The BrowseForFile routine uses GetOpenFileName

The error I get after RenameFileeQQ using GetLastErrorQQ is error 13 ERR$ACCES - Permission denied. The file's permission setting does not allow the specified access

Do you have any suggestions why this is not working? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

The documentation does say it renames a file but it is renaming a directory for me with our latest PSXE 2017 Update 1. I need to inquire if that is expected/supported.

What version of our compiler are you using?   

Did you verify the appropriate permissions exist on all components of the path and the directory that is getting renamed?

IanH
Black Belt

My guess... GetOpenFileName is changing the current directory to be the same as the directory you are trying to rename.

davidgraham
Beginner

Kevin,

The compiler is Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler XE 12.1.4.325

Ian,

Your guess was correct - I reset the current directory and it worked.

Thank you

Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Thank you for the version id. Glad you resolved it. I'm told RENAMEFILEQQ will work for folders/directories too but it is odd seeing MAKEDIRQQ, DELDIRQQ, CHANGEDIRQQ but no "RENAMEDIRQQ". I will follow up w/the documentation writers about adding clarification.