Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28474 Discussions

Problem with "undefined address" for arrays in locals tab

NotVeryGoodAtFortran

Hello

I have encountered a problem during debugging of my fortran code using microsoft visual studio. Initially no locals would show up but the linked discussion solved it: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Fortran-Compiler/Debugging-ifort-in-VS-2022-17-7-hangs-expression-evaluator/m-p/1522644#M168170

Now i have a problem where arrays local to subroutines will show up as "undefined address" in my locals tab. Doubles/skalars show up as one would expect them to but specifically arrays which is not an intent(in) or intent(out) does not seem to work properly. I will attach my project, but full disclosure this is the first time i've done fortran coding and i am in way over my head. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

In MS VS 2019 it shows up.

jimdempseyatthecove_0-1699450349340.png

My MS VS 2022 is broken (I think an auto-update broke MS VS 2022, it hangs with a [Busy] pop-up in the locals window).

It would have been helpful if you gave the context of where your break point was located.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos