Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Problem with starting fortran compiler

Nazmul_I_
Beginner

Hi,

I downloaded and installed Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011 for Windows with IMSL for 64bit computer. Before that I installed MS visual studio 2010. Now, I can't start the compiler by visual basic. 

I tried to read the getting started note:

To start the Intel® Visual Fortran Compiler XE 12.1 from Microsoft Visual Studio* IDE, perform the following steps: 

But I can't find the option 3 in the visaul studio when I try to create a new project.

Can anyone help me in this regard?

Thanks

1. Launch Microsoft Visual Studio*.

2. Select File > New > Project.

3. In the New Project window select a project type under Intel® Visual Fortran.

4. Select the desired template.

5. Click OK.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Please follow the steps in I can't create Fortran projects or see any Fortran support in Visual Studio

Let us know if that helps (or doesn't.)

0 Kudos
Nazmul_I_
Beginner

Hi Steve,

Thanks your reply. I have done the problem. I am facing a new problem when I am building old program. Error: Intel Visual Fortran Compiler for 'Win32' not installed.

Can you give a suggestion about this matter?

Cheers,

namzul

0 Kudos
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

Please check your project configuration, which is found in the toolbar at the top of the Visual Studio screen, towards the middle. 

Even on 64-bit windows, the default is to create a 32-bit application.

Select "x64" instead.  You may need to create that configuration.

--Lorri

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

As an alternative to Lorri's suggestion, go back to the Intel Registration Center and download the installer that says it is for both 32-bit and 64-bit development. I often see people deciding to download the 64-bit compiler only, because they are on a 64-bit system, but they didn't realize that Visual Studio always defaults to a 32-bit configuration. In Composer XE 2013 SP1, we've done away with that distinction.

0 Kudos
Nazmul_I_
Beginner

Thanks Lorri. I have applied your suggestion and It is working now.

0 Kudos
Nazmul_I_
Beginner

Thanks Steve. I got huge suggestions from you.

0 Kudos