Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26748 Discussions

Problems Installing Parallel Studio 2018

Stephen_Sutcliffe
New Contributor I

I've spent most of this afternoon trying to install the latest Parallel Studio 2018 product on a Windows 7 PC with VS 2015 & PS2017 Update 4 already installed.

Before the installation attempt the VS 2015 & Parallel Studio 2017 Update 4 were working fine.

My first attempt at the installation failed at some point and after lots of rollback messages informed me of an error. The message wasn't very helpful so I gave up on that version. Unfortunately this attempted installation caused VS to lose it's fortran integration so I could no longer use the previous 2017.

I tried repairing the PS 2017 but this didn't work so I then uninstalled it and then installed PS2018. This time there was no error and the integration at first appeared to be OK but my euphoria was short lived when I tried to set the syntax highlighting in the text editors. All the Fortran options are missing from the list in the Fonts and Colors (sic)->Text Editor dialog box so I only have what appears to be a 1960's monochrome text editor.

Does anyone know a quick fix for this, other than uninstalling PS2018 and reinstalling PS2017 (which may or may not work anyway)?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Stephen_Sutcliffe
New Contributor I

I fixed this by uninstalling VS 2015, PS 2017 & PS 2018 and reinstalling all three.