Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28602 Discussions

Restricting screen output while RUNQQ

Anonymous42
Beginner
I'm calling one applicationby RUNQQ. The application would provide some output to the console window.
Is there a way to restrict such output while the application is running?
Thank you.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II

Notusing RUNQQ, but you can control it using CreateProcess. See this Steve's article on CreateProcess -- pay attention to DETACHED_PROCESS and/or CREATE_NEW_CONSOLE flags, as well as wShowWindow -> SW_HIDE (if you want to hide the other console completely).

Jugoslav

0 Kudos
milan77
Beginner
Say that I have a QuickWin application andopen two windows (unit 1 and 2). The program that is run by RUNQQ provides an output. The output is automatically directed into a standard console window. Is there a way to direct the output to one of the two QuickWin windows?
Thank you for your advice on this,
Milan
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Not with RUNQQ. You could do it with CreateProcess by sending the output to a "pipe" which you then read in a thread in the QuickWin application and wrote to the "terminal". Not difficult, but not trivial either.
0 Kudos
milan77
Beginner
Can I askyou to write mea short code that would do this:
Say there is a standard fortran console .exelocated in a C directory. When run, it writes "hello world" to the screen.
I want to use theQuickWin application to run this .exe and write the output to the QuickWin window, say unit 1.
In my case, I can't determine exactly the length of lines and the number of lines that the .exe reports, butI want all output directed to the QuickWin window.
I very appreciateyour help,
Thank you,
Milan
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
No, sorry, I won't be able to write you such code. Perhaps someone else is willing to offer.
0 Kudos