Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Retired Fortran Programmers

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

In looking at the Simplex problems recently, I found a web site containing some Fortran, C++ and other programs.  The owner is

Jean-Pierre Moreau 

and the programs include the simplex version on another message stream.  He has some interesting other programs including a C++ Vibration Analysis program that is pretty good at a first brief look. 

Anyway I will send him an email. 

In the attached simplex program he was not using Implicit None and he had declared the matrices as 

real*8 TS(CMAX,VMAX)

but counted from zero, what version of Fortran would have allowed him to do that?

In later programming he uses real*8 TS(1:CMAX,1:VMAX)

I have noticed as I type this I can no longer include a code segment the icon is missing see picture.  

JohnNichols_0-1608405052138.png

and 

if (XERR == 0) goto 30
print *,' NO SOLUTION.'!
goto 100

yesterday it would not work, xerr is zero, but I got the no solution.  Today it works and I have not changed anything. 

I also include the C++ program, I realize this is Fortran but the program that runs is interesting, but I cannot get it to compile on VS 2019 and I just do not know enough C to fix the errors.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Re: "I have noticed as I type this I can no longer include a code segment the icon is missing see picture.  "

There is a defect in the forum software. Because of it, when the browser window is not wide enough and one tries to reply to an existing post, the three dots to the right of the camera icon become hidden, so one thinks that the next row of the toolbar is lost and the tools provided there are unavailable.

Simply widen the browser window or make it full screen. If, after doing so, you see the three dots, click on them.

Of course, there may be a number of other bugs, and the behavior of those bugs may depend on which browser you are using, so please don't blame me if the suggestion above does not work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Programs

Console1 is the fixed Simplex program.  

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

he had this in the main routine for xerr, would the ; be proper FORTRAN or is it part of the name. 

integer NC, NV, XERR;

This is the variable that caused problems in the subroutines as not being zero.  

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Re: "I have noticed as I type this I can no longer include a code segment the icon is missing see picture.  "

There is a defect in the forum software. Because of it, when the browser window is not wide enough and one tries to reply to an existing post, the three dots to the right of the camera icon become hidden, so one thinks that the next row of the toolbar is lost and the tools provided there are unavailable.

Simply widen the browser window or make it full screen. If, after doing so, you see the three dots, click on them.

Of course, there may be a number of other bugs, and the behavior of those bugs may depend on which browser you are using, so please don't blame me if the suggestion above does not work.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I got the signal analyser program running in Intel C++.  It was an interesting challenge as the program was created on VS C++ - Version 9 - not sure which one that was and the code used MFC routines.  Took me about 4 hours to work out how to fix the errors caused by the update.  Mainly annoying in terms of finding a solution to the MFC calls,  MFC is interesting.  

In the folder with all the files are a set of plg files, the plg file includes a reference to Fortran - any idea why the C++ program would have called Fortran in the compile.  

--------------------Configuration: Vibri - Win32 Release--------------------
Begining build with project "C:\Mes documents\C++\Vibri 32b\Vibri32.dsp", at root.
Active configuration is Win32 (x86) Application (based on Win32 (x86) Application)

Project's tools are:
			"Fortran 90 Compiler for 80x86" with flags "/include:".\Release/" /module:".\Release/" /object:".\Release/" "
			"32-bit C/C++ Compiler for 80x86" with flags "/nologo /MD /W3 /GX /O1 /D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_AFXDLL" /D "_MBCS" /FR".\Release/" /Fp".\Release/Vibri32.pch" /Yu"STDAFX.H" /Fo".\Release/" /Fd".\Release/" /FD /c "
			"OLE Type Library Maker" with flags "/nologo /D "NDEBUG" /mktyplib203 /win32 "
			"Win32 Resource Compiler" with flags "/l 0x40c /fo".\Release/Vibri.res" /d "NDEBUG" /d "_AFXDLL" "
			"Browser Database Maker" with flags "/nologo /o".\Release/Vibri32.bsc" "
			"COFF Linker for 80x86" with flags "oldnames.lib /nologo /stack:0x2800 /subsystem:windows /incremental:no /pdb:".\Release/Vibri32.pdb" /machine:IX86 /def:".\VIBRI.DEF" /out:".\Release/Vibri32.exe" "
			"Custom Build" with flags ""
			"<Component 0xa>" with flags ""

Creating temp file "C:\Users\JPM\AppData\Local\Temp\RSP4706.tmp" with contents </nologo /MD /W3 /GX /O1 /D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_AFXDLL" /D "_MBCS" /FR".\Release/" /Fp".\Release/Vibri32.pch" /Yu"STDAFX.H" /Fo".\Release/" /Fd".\Release/" /FD /c 
"C:\Mes documents\C++\Vibri 32b\Uvibri1.cpp"
>
Creating command line "cl.exe @C:\Users\JPM\AppData\Local\Temp\RSP4706.tmp" 
Creating temp file "C:\Users\JPM\AppData\Local\Temp\RSP4707.tmp" with contents <oldnames.lib /nologo /stack:0x2800 /subsystem:windows /incremental:no /pdb:".\Release/Vibri32.pdb" /machine:IX86 /def:".\VIBRI.DEF" /out:".\Release/Vibri32.exe" 
".\Release\2codlg.obj"
".\Release\3CoDlg.obj"
".\Release\4CoDlg.obj"
".\Release\Echdlg.obj"
".\Release\Fft.obj"
".\Release\Fildlg.obj"
".\Release\FonctDlg.obj"
".\Release\Graf2d.obj"
".\Release\Legdlg.obj"
".\Release\Mainfrm.obj"
".\Release\Repdlg.obj"
".\Release\Spdlg.obj"