Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Reusing Configurations in VS2010

Steve_L_2
Beginner

I have several hundred console FORTRAN programs that need recompiling using the latest Intel compiler which runs inside VS2010.

Each code needs to be compiled with the same compiler flags. How can I save my compiler options so that when I load up a new code I can easily apply them?

I can't figure out a way of saving a generic configuration and applying that configuration to a new project. If I use the Configuration Manager to make a new configuration that is only saved against the particular project and doesn't appear as an option if I create a new project.

Any help gratefully received!

Steve

The details: here's what I'm doing.

I create the correct compiler flags:

I create a new configuration by clicking on the 'Configuration Manager' button on the above dialog and call it 'FORTRAN default':

So far, so good. I can now built this particular project using these options.

Now I want to start a new project and re-use the same configuration but when I go the the Configuration Manager I don't see my saved 'FORTRAN default' option:

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZlamalJakub
New Contributor III

Simply copy *.vfproj file to different directory (with source codes), rename it and open in VS. Then delete source codes and add another ones.

In the case of big number of projects it is better to do it using PERL scripts or something like this.

0 Kudos