Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28632 Discussions

Run compiled openMP program inside machine which doesn't have fortran compiler

lkmdw
Beginner

When I compile fortran source without openMP, I can run the executable on any machine of the same infrastructure without the need of fortran compiler / library installed. But when I compile with openMP option, it can't run on machine which doesn't have fortran compiler inside. The executable encounter the following error because the machine doesn't have the library filedyld:

Library not loaded: libguide.dylib

is this mean that it is IMPOSSIBLE to run the openMP compiled program inside machine which doesn't have fortran compiler installed in it?

Luke

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ron_Green
Quoting - lkmdw

When I compile fortran source without openMP, I can run the executable on any machine of the same infrastructure without the need of fortran compiler / library installed. But when I compile with openMP option, it can't run on machine which doesn't have fortran compiler inside. The executable encounter the following error because the machine doesn't have the library filedyld:

Library not loaded: libguide.dylib

is this mean that it is IMPOSSIBLE to run the openMP compiled program inside machine which doesn't have fortran compiler installed in it?

Luke

To run on systems without Intel Fortran, compile and link the Intel libraries statically into the application:

-static-intel

And/or if you use a separate link step w/o the ifort driver, link in libguide.a statically:

-L/ -lguide

ron

0 Kudos
lkmdw
Beginner

To run on systems without Intel Fortran, compile and link the Intel libraries statically into the application:

-static-intel

And/or if you use a separate link step w/o the ifort driver, link in libguide.a statically:

-L/ -lguide

ron

It works! Thank you! I tried in Fortran 9 also, and I just found that the equal parameter for -static-intel (fortran 10) is -i-static in fortran 9. Both are okay now, thank you very much.

0 Kudos