Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

SGdemo/SciGraph in QuickWin

moyhega
Beginner
I am new to Intel Fortran.
I had a computer crash and lost my VF compiler version 6 . I have another 6 version and installed it.
My app is a SGdemo/SciGraph in QuickWin. I have recompiled SG demo (no errors) and then recompiled SciGraph (no errors) and included SCIGraph.lib in my quickwin app. Compiling my quickwin app gives me, "DEC$ DESCRIPTOR/REFERENCE ATTRIBUTE valid only on interface dummy. [SGDATA]".
GSData is in SGDemo which compiles, and is put into my Scigraph which compiles without this error.
Could this be double nesting problem with Interfacing? I can't find a missing INTERFACE/END INTERFACE statement.
This mixes with MSVC 6.0 with no problems.
Also, I understand these are old versions. This morning my IT group said that I am being updated to new Intel Fortran. But I'd like to fix this problem before tackling these new upgrade ones.
Thank you.
ps. I am also looking for training on the new compiler.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Which file and line is the error reported on? I have only CVF 6.6, so if something changed between 6.0 and 6.6 that is lost.

Links you should look at are Migrating from CVF and Introduction to Intel Visual Fortran.
0 Kudos
moyhega
Beginner
Thanks for the reply. I have a file in my quickwin app named Misclib.f which reports the error. In that file is a subroutine which has a "USE SCIGRAPH" statement. I do not get a line number in my error message.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Would you attach a ZIP of your application (sources and project files) to a reply here? I'd then see if I could reproduce the problem. You're still building this with Digital Visual Fortran, right?
0 Kudos
moyhega
Beginner
Thank you for replying. Yes, I am still building with DVFortan and MSVC/C++ 6.0. Not sure about attaching the zip file. I will have to check. Thanks.

p.s. Tnx for the automatic Green Belt Award.
0 Kudos